To create an invoice for a booking, please follow the steps below:
There are a number of ways that you can create an invoice:
Create an Invoice for a Booking
- Via Booking List - the following article covers this method.
- Via Customer Bookings - navigate to Customers > Customer Summary > Bookings > Options > 1 Click Invoice
Create an Invoice for a Customer
- Via Create New Invoice - go to Billing > Create New Invoice
- Via Customer List - navigate to Customers > Customer List. Search the customer you want to generate an invoice for.
- Via Customer Summary - go to Customers > Customer Summary. Search the customer you wish to create an invoice for.
1. Select Bookings from the top navigation bar, and choose Booking List from the drop-down list.
2. Then, search the booking you wish to generate an invoice for. You can search by booking ID, customer's name, company name or vehicle registration number (number plate).
3. Once found, select the Options button and then choose 1 Click Invoice from the drop-down list.
1 Click Invoice is not available in Cancelled and Fraud status either, unless you update the booking status to Active.
A new invoice will be created in Draft status and then you will be redirected to the invoice page.
As you can see, the customer details, credit, booking services and prices have been added to to the invoice.
4. Update the amount for each line item if you wish, and then apply VAT/Tax (if applicable).
If you wish to add a new line item to the invoice, press the + Add Line button and then enter item name, description (optional) and amount.
- Summary - this is a default tab and from here you can edit Invoice Date, Due Date and Tax/VAT Rate.
- Add Payment - allows you to manually add a payment to the invoice.
- Credit - here you can apply customer's credit to the invoice. You can also remove customer's credit from the invoice as well.
- Refund - allows you to apply for a refund.
- Notes - here you can add notes/message to the invoice, e.g. Thanks for your business!
Please Note: the system won't allow you to add a payment to an invoice that is in Draft status. You must first publish the draft invoice before applying any payment.
You can just press the Save Changes button and navigate away from the invoice at any time during this process and return to it later. But, we assume that you want to complete and publish it.
Publishing an Invoice
5. To publish an invoice, press the Publish button located to the top right of the invoice creation screen. Two publish options are available:
- Publish - pressing this button converts the invoice from Draft to Unpaid status.
- Publish and Send - pressing this button converts the invoice from Draft to Unpaid status and also allows you to email the invoice (as a PDF attachment) to the customer.
If you want to view, print or download the invoice, their buttons are located to the top right of the invoice creation screen.
If you have any issues, please feel free to contact our Support Team.