To create a purchase order, please follow the steps below:
- Via Create New Purchase - the following article covers this.
- Via Purchase List - navigate to Purchases > Purchase List. Then search the vendor you wish to purchase from.
- Via Vendor List - go to Purchases > Vendor List. Search the vendor you want to to purchase from.
- Via Vendor Summary - go to Purchases > Vendor Summary. Search the vendor you wish to purchase from.
1. Please select Purchases from the top navigation bar, and choose Create New Purchase from the drop-down list.
2. On the Create New Purchase page, you have 2 choices:
- 2.1. Order for EXISTING Vendor
- 2.2. Order for NEW Vendor
Please select one and follow its instructions below:
2.1. Order for EXISTING Vendor
2.1.1. Search the vendor you wish to purchase from. You can search by vendor name, company name or vendor ID. Choose your vendor from the list and then go to 3.
2.2. Order for NEW Vendor
2.2.1. Enter the vendor information as much as you want.
3. Then, press the Create Purchase Order button.
A new order will be created in Draft status and then you will be redirected to the order page.
4. You can immediately begin adding line items to the order.
5. For each one you wish to add, enter item name, description, quantity, and Price, followed by the + Add Line button. A new row will then appear to allow adding further line items.
- Summary - this is a default tab and from here you can edit Purchase Date, Due Date and Tax/VAT Rate.
- Add Payment - allows you to manually add a payment to the order.
- Credit - here you can apply credit to the order. You can also remove your credit from the order as well.
- Refund - allows you to apply for a refund.
- Notes - here you can add notes/message to the order.
Please Note: the system won't allow you to add a payment to an order that is in Draft status. You must first publish the draft order before applying any payment.
You can just press the Save Changes button and navigate away from the order at any time during this process and return to it later. But, we assume that you want to complete and publish it.
Publishing a Purchase Order
6. To publish an order, press the Publish button located to the top right of the order creation screen. Two publish options are available:
- Publish - pressing this button converts the order from Draft to Unpaid status.
- Publish and Send - pressing this button converts the order from Draft to Unpaid status and also allows you to email the order (as a PDF attachment) to the vendor.
If you want to view, print or download the order, their buttons are located to the top right of the order creation screen.
If you have any issues, please feel free to contact our Support Team.